Are you passionate about supporting your local community to improve their health? We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about health improvement can listen and help motivate people to do this.
UCAN in partnership with Essex Wellbeing Service will be offering the My Weight Matters Programme at the Jubilee Hub in Saffron Walden; this is part of an overall wellbeing service which offers people a range of opportunities to take control of their own health.
Who we are looking for?
Anyone who is passionate about health improvement can listen and help motivate people to do this. Full training will be given.
What will I be doing?
At each session you will help the participant use the scales, look through the weekly programme material and access the online content as well as helping and motivating the client to set weekly goals to manage their own health.
- Meeting and greeting people, offering a warm and friendly welcome to the session.
- Explaining how the programme works (full training provided by the Essex wellbeing service)
- Recording data
What do we hope to achieve?
You will help support people through the 12-week programme to achieve a gradual, long term weight loss.
- An interest in supporting people who want to prioritise their weight, health and well-being
- Kind, approachable, sympathetic and a non-judgmental attitude
- Enthusiastic and positive for people and their goals
- A good listener and able to chat to people from different backgrounds
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Good organisational skills
To find out more:
T: 01799 510525