The key to achieving a safe and timely discharge from hospital, is to start planning early, from the point of admission
Introduction to Ticket Home
Most people are keen to get home as quickly as possible following a stay in hospital, but being discharged can be a stressful experience. That’s where the Ticket Home team can come in to offer help. We can offer practical support to you, and those closest to you, to help ensure that your discharge is safe and timely.
Support for discharge
Ticket Home is a free service provided by UCAN to the residents of Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford. As a local charity, our staff and volunteers work in partnership with other organisations to ensure a joined-up approach to supporting you and maintaining your independence.
Your journey home starts with a simple question – “What do you need help with?”
What we can offer
We currently provide help for patients in Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, and Addenbrooks Hospital Cambridge. The support we offer may vary area by area, but we will work with you and your family to find practical solutions. We can:
- Help with everyday tasks (for example picking up prescriptions and food shopping)
- Book hot meals to be delivered for up to 21 days free-of-charge
- Maintain welfare telephone calls post discharge
- Provide telephone befriending and companionship
- Move furniture and help with home maintenance
- Install key safes for easy carer/emergency access to properties
- Provide transport for getting home from hospital and other essential health-care journeys
- Advise and install technology enabled care devices, from personal alarms to voice-activated lights and appliances.
For more information and to request a meeting with one of our staff in hospital:
For patients in Princess Alexandra Hospital Harlow call 03333 402111
For patients in Addenbrooks Hospital call 03333 407566
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Patients and carers can self-refer using our secure online form:
Our service is completely free for residents living in Essex. Once we receive your details, a member of our team will come to visit at bedside in the hospital ward.