Our friends at The Gardens of Easton Lodge (GOEL) are looking for a trustee to join their existing board
Trustees are Directors of the company and Trustees of the charity under charity law. They must direct the Trust to secure compliance with its company Articles of Association and charity law, in keeping with best practice codes of governance
Trustees are expected to attend:
- Meetings of the Trustees (4 a year)
- The Annual General Meeting
- Trustees may be expected to attend/chair sub-committees/working groups as necessary. Standing committees are currently the Garden Management Committee and the Governance Group.
Trustees are required:
- To ensure that GOEL complies with its governing document (Articles of Association), charity law, company law and other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that GOEL pursues its charitable objects as defined in the governing document, with a strategy and plans in place accordingly.
GOEL are looking for individuals with an interest in gardening and running this locally valued site and ideally one of the following skills:
Health & Safety; Project Management; Community Engagement; or Education.
For further information and to apply visit: https://www.volunteeressex.org/opportunities/trustee-12823/