Adult Friendship Volunteers support adults who have a range of disabilities in a variety of social and leisure activities and settings.
The role of volunteers within this project is to befriend and support participants to access activities which will promote their self-confidence, independence, social and life skills. This can include accessing the local community in small groups and participating in activities that are of interest to the adults using this service. Regular social meetings are held in Uttlesford on a Tuesday evening where many members meet and participate in activities as a larger group.
- Supporting adults to participate in a range of social and leisure opportunities of mutual interest.
- Using initiative to help in a situation where another member of the group, either member, staff or volunteer, may need support.
- Becoming a member of a friendly, committed team.
- Expressing ideas for new/different activities.
- Attending volunteer meetings & training sessions relevant to the role.
- To follow the guidelines and policies, including those designed to protect well-being of vulnerable adults.
For Further information:
Contact us on T: 01371 404525 E: email@example.com
To register your interest: Click Here