UCAN works collaboratively within the voluntary sector, and with statutory organisations to help the community of Uttlesford to thrive
We believe that we should actively work with others, bringing people together across the private, public and voluntary sector, acknowledging and valuing their individual and collective
Examples of successful partnership working in Uttlesford include:
- Ukraine Help Desk at Stansted Airport, delivered in partnership with Essex County Council
- Sudan Crisis Relief – a multi-agency response led by UCAN in partnership with The British Red Cross, UDC, ECC, Manchester Airport Group and voluntary sector groups
- COVID-19 Support Hub – delivered by UCAN, UDC Communities and Volunteer Uttlesford
- COVID-19 Vaccination Centre – delivered by UCAN and Volunteer Uttlesford working in partnership with North Uttlesford PCN
- Multi-Agency Trailer Days – working with UDC Housing and the VCS, we target areas of need across the district and bring our services to you!
- Jubilee Hub Saffron Walden – a partnership with Saffron Walden Town Council and Enterprise East, bringing a valuable community asset back into use and delivering services into the heart of our community, including access to health and wellbeing support, friendship groups, food and hardship relief, social clubs and a community space for hire by local voluntary sector agencies.
- West Essex Community Action Network (WECAN) – a joint vehicle covering the whole of West Essex, founded and operated in partnership with Rainbow Services (Harlow) and Voluntary Action Epping Forest
- Essex CVS – a collective of all the CVS organisations across Essex, jointly chaired by our CEO Clive Emmett, and Sarah Troop, Director of Maldon and District CVS